Khaled Magdy El-Marsafy
Vice Chairman and Deputy CEO
Mr. El-Marsafy is Co-Founder, Vice Chairman and a major shareholder of Univest Group. In his capacity, Mr. El-Marsafy is in charge of setting and executing the firm’s medium and long-term strategies which excel Univest Group to maintain a leading role in the global financial services domain. The areas of focus within Univest Group are Direct Investments, Corporate Finance, Advisory and Research as well as Asset Management
With more than 16 years of experience in the global financial markets and the investment banking sector, Mr. El-Marsafy has built up valuable experience in Private Equity and Asset Management with a number of world-class renowned financial organizations. Amongst them were Fletcher Asset Management; a New York based PIPE Hedge Fund where he spent over 4 years structuring their private equity investments in public companies across various sectors. Prior to that, he spent over 4 years with Union Bank of Switzerland (New York) as a Product Manager and Risk Controller in the bank's Equity Trading Group. He had previously also gained financial services experience during his tenure with Arab Bank PLC in New York within its Private Banking Group.
Mr. El-Marsafy holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration & International Finance from University of Hartford, USA. El-Marsafy is also member of the Arab Bankers Association of North America and the Young Arab Leaders – Dubai Chapter.
Board Members and Affiliations:
• Co-Founder and Vice Chairman, Univest Group (www.univestgroup.com)
• Co-Founder Univest Consultancy Group (www.univestgroup.com)
• Board Member, Kuwait national Lube Oil Company
• V. Chairman Univest Capital
• Board Member, The Chart Group LP (www.chartgroup.com)
• Board Member, IFA Khaleeji Fund (www.ifakuwait.com)
• Board Member, Yotel Investments Ltd (www.yotel.com)
• Board Member, BPL Global Ltd (www.bplglobal.net)
• Board Member, Kuwait Holding Co
• Board Member. ABC Real Estate co
• Board Member, Univest Good Food International.
• Board Member, Univest Brokerage Co (www.univestbrokerage.com)
• Board Member, Diwan Capital (D1)